Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Justin Timberlake Experience



I'm weird. As such, last Friday I conducted an experiment in which I sent text messages to a handful of my friends asking this simple question: "Do you know who Justin Timberlake is? I think he is a singer?"

For the purposes of the experiment I decided to collect and log their responses, but decided to not respond to any questions regarding the experiment, should they arise. Although a few people opted not to participate (read: fully ignored my text and have not tried to contact me since) I was able to gather a significant amount of data. And, out of this experiment, an EXPERIENCE was created for all those involved. Life: 1, Sadness: 0, am I right?

The end result is this:

The Justin Timberlake Experience
(aka JT Friday, The JT Massacre, JTrochima, The Bombing of JT Harbor, Storming the Beach at JT, 9/JT, and so on and so fourth.)

Text Question: Do you know who Justin Timberlake Is? I think he is a singer.

Brian Finkelstein: ?
Brian called me about an hour later and said, “I was talking about Justin Timberlake when you sent that. How did you know?”
Bryan Safi: The name rings a bell.
Cassie Pappas: Do you have a suitcase for the show tonight?
Doug Moe: Is that the “I’m Too Sexy For My Shirt” guy?
Drew Droege: What the fuck are you talking about?
Eric Pliner: Yes.
Eric Pliner (one hour later): Why are you being a weirdo?
Eric Pliner (one hour later): Is he coming to your show tonight?
Eric Pliner (one hour later): I hate you.
I finally spoke to Eric, who forced me to explain what was going on, and he said this, “You need to get a job.”
Glennis McMurray: THE BEST SINGER EVER.
Jackie Clarke: No. He is a 3rd wave feminist.
Jay Willoughby: Is this a for real question.
Jeff Hiller: Yes. He is Drew Barrymore’s ex-boyfriend.
An hour later I received this voice mail from Jeff, “Why are you so weird?”
Jen Kirkman: Is this a joke?
John Flynn: No, silly. Those are a type of shoes.
Julie Brister called me almost immediately and asked if I was all set for subbing her improv class the next day. I said I was. There was a pause and then she said, “I got your text. (Pause.) Okay, well, I have to go.”
Julie Klausner: Yes. He is, like, really famous.
Justin Purnell: ??? Do you mean what does he sing?
Liz Black: Why do you want to know? Are you dating him???
Paul Scheer: Haha.
Robert Lambert: Yes. He does beats for Missy Elliot.
Sam Riegel: Whaaa?
Susan Hale did not respond but later told me she forwarded it to a friend.
Taran Killam: Only from The Mickey Mouse Club. Is he still around?
Terry Jinn: You are ridiculous.
Will McLaughlin: He is also a dancer and a dream maker, Amy. Ahnodoy!

Up next: I ask the same question of my family. And they respond.

8 Comments:

Blogger HarperHogwarts said...

My only question is, why was I not texted this question?? i guess you won't respond since you don't respond to questions about the question. This is so fight club of you.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I did not want want to bother people with children (aka "adults) with this nonesense.

3:46 PM  
Blogger HarperHogwarts said...

Don't make the mistake of thinking I am an adult now just because I have a kid. In other words, Harper is screwed.

8:47 AM  
Blogger laurenpdot said...

i need to forward you my phone number so that i can participate in future experiments.

1:13 PM  
Blogger freuleinmaria said...

Next time you mention me in your blog, please link my name to my website.

2:53 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

sac longchamp pas cher, tiffany jewelry, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, ugg boots, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses wholesale, ray ban sunglasses, replica handbags, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, nike free run, cheap oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, longchamp outlet, air max, longchamp pas cher, nike air max, chanel handbags, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin outlet, christian louboutin uk, uggs on sale, kate spade, coach outlet, kate spade outlet, nike free, replica watches, prada outlet, replica watches, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, burberry pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren, gucci handbags, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet

5:25 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mont blanc pens, chi flat iron, babyliss, supra shoes, asics running shoes, insanity workout, reebok outlet, hollister, valentino shoes, beats by dre, nike air max, jimmy choo outlet, north face outlet, ray ban, nike roshe run, karen millen uk, vans outlet, new balance shoes, instyler, mac cosmetics, herve leger, oakley, juicy couture outlet, converse outlet, celine handbags, ralph lauren, hollister clothing, lancel, toms shoes, bottega veneta, mcm handbags, louboutin, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, converse, north face outlet, ghd hair, baseball bats, gucci, soccer shoes, vans, abercrombie and fitch, p90x workout, ferragamo shoes, hermes belt, wedding dresses, timberland boots, nike air max

5:28 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ugg, marc jacobs, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, thomas sabo, coach outlet, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, pandora jewelry, canada goose jackets, pandora uk, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, moncler uk, canada goose outlet, links of london, wedding dresses, moncler, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, pandora charms, canada goose uk, canada goose, swarovski, doudoune moncler, replica watches, ugg pas cher, moncler outlet, moncler, ugg uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, hollister, louis vuitton

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home