Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lunch

I overheard this conversation while eating lunch at a place called Salad 2000 yesterday. It feels worth noting that one of the secretaries was wearing a flowery silk scarf slung over one shoulder and held in place with a pin of some sort.

Secretary #1: What did you do last night?
Secretary #2: Gary rented “The Departed” so I watched that with him.
Secretary #1: Which show is that one again?
Secretary #2: The one with Jack Nicholson.
Secretary #1: I love him.
Secretary #2: And Leonardo DiCaprio.
Secretary #1: Leo. He is very good.
Secretary #2: Yes. And Matt Damon.
Secretary #1: Whom I love. That’s the one about drugs, right?
Secretary #2: Well, yes. And cops. And the mafia. The mob. It’s complicated.
Secretary #1: Sounds it. How was it?
Secretary #2: Very violent.
Secretary #1: I can only imagine.
Secretary #2: VERY violent.
Secretary #1: Hmmmm… You know I loved Leo DiCaprio in “Titanic.”
Secretary #2: Who didn’t?

I assume these two ladies spent their afternoon IM'ing about how good the Ali girl was on the season premiere of "Dancing With The Stars," online shopping for sensible pumps at Zappos.com and thinking about the quickest, most painless way to commit suicide. But I'm just guessing here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sophles said...

I think this is my favorite one yet. We NEED to play these women. My favorite part is "VERY violent."

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home